Getting Started...
Here goes, my 1st blog!…
Following the insightful induction yesterday I now feel a bit more confident and also, I feel less afraid to ask questions that in my head seem stupid, I feel calmer about the “safe space” created within a community of like minded professionals, something I encourage as a teacher but perhaps forget on a more personal level.
Reading, reading and more reading, that is the task this week. Mainly of the handbooks! As I try to simplify and understand what all the terminology means. There’s a lot to digest. It is hard not to feel overwhelmed. I gave myself a gentle reminder, its been 22 years since you left ‘academic education’, like riding a bike, the first time you get back on after a timely gap of no cycling always seems a bit daunting but in time it becomes easier! Fingers crossed!
My initial thoughts are, as a dancer you tell your story through your movement, the physicality being your biggest asset, how do I turn that to pen and paper? My expression through dance comes much easier to me, than talking out loud. Articulation with words is always more daunting, but movement improvisation not a problem! This is going to be my biggest challenge, of which i’m excited to get started!
Comments
Post a Comment